Pinrose’s Pillowtalk Poet—a Dead Ringer for Dedcool’s Milk

by Stephanie Sklar

Reed diffuser, essential oils, lighted candles, porcelain glass dish, open books in cozy bed with bedsheets, cover & pillows.
Lighted candles in the bedroom by Taryn Elliott.

It was a cold, rainy, and windy evening in February and I really didn’t want to be at my RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) class. ‘Why didn’t my parents just baptize me instead of letting me choose my religion?’ I silently wondered to myself. If they had done so, I wouldn’t be sitting here every Monday night since October of 2023. Then a total sense of calm washed over me and I allowed my mind to wander. I was at home, next to my fiancé, with my feet propped up in some fuzzy socks as we quietly and intently watched the British TV series, Endeavour. We were both fresh from our respective showers and smelling really good. Him, with his Old Spice Swagger deodorant and me, with my Nivea Q10 Gel-Cream with lotus flower extract. There was nowhere else I’d rather be…That’s precisely what Dedcool’s Milk smells like.

Milk isn’t without its flaws though. A couple of the bottles that the brand makes are cheaply made. When I initially used them, the circular plastic discs that partially covered the nozzles popped off/broke off, causing the scents to evaporate and leak a bit. This should not be occurring when just one scent sample alone costs almost $11. In the meantime, until they remedy this, they really should reduce the price. It hardly has any longevity, which is crucial for a scent as irresistible as this one. Perhaps that’s why Dedcool created Xtra Milk? I’ll have to try it and get back to you. Moreover, the formulation leaves a greasy residue that takes forever to dissolve into the skin. A pro-tip is to spray it around your wrists when you’re wearing a long-sleeved shirt. The accidental way of it getting on your clothes will increase the projection and staying power of the scent. This is what I did on that aforementioned rainy Monday before my RCIA class. Then the magical scent floated up to my nose and caused me to dreamily set adrift on memory bliss during class. You can purchase it here: Dedcool Milk Sample, $10.50 at Dedcool.

Dedcool Milk Sample, clear glass bottle with plastic top/nozzle, black upper and lowercased font and barcode scan design.
Dedcool Milk Sample

Pinrose’s Pillowtalk Poet is a dead ringer for Milk. The only difference is that it smells a little more flowery and girly from the powdery note in it, whereas Milk has more of that milky unisex smell. Pinrose’s bottle is sturdier and larger too. While the longevity of Pillowtalk Poet is better, it’s only a little better. Unfortunately, I’ve grown to develop a love-hate relationship with this scent. Ladies, I strongly urge you to refrain from using this during or a little after your period. The hormonal changes in your body will cause the marine-like note in the ambergris (produced in the digestive system of a sperm whale. Yep, you read that right. I wish I was wrong, but I’m not.) to make you smell like you either peed yourself or that someone nearby has when you first apply it. I’m not kidding. While it disappears eventually, it’s awful when it strikes. As if it couldn’t get any worse, I made the mistake of attempting to huff the scent a little after my period (It had always smelled divine in the past.) and that ambergris gone rogue appeared again, assailing my senses with a foul fecal smell. If you can get past any, some, or all of this, here is the information for you to purchase it at your own risk: Pinrose’s Pillowtalk Poet Eau de Parfum Rollerball, 0.17 oz, $18.99 at Mercari. My wish for this perfume is that one day, the ambergris will be scrapped from it and thus, I’ll be able to enjoy it all the time—period or no period. Plus, how adorable is the title? It speaks to the writer in me. I picture myself in bed, snuggling with my sweetie while I whisper sweet nothings in his ear.

Pinrose Pillowtalk Poet clear glass bottle with periwinkle & white wraparound label & white font in caps & silver metal cap.
Pinrose Pillowtalk Poet Eau de Parfum Rollerball, 0.17 oz 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Body Washes for Summer

My New Skincare Routine

Multi-Use Makeup: ILIA Multi-Stick & Clinique Chubby Stick